ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Nils Winkler" <n...@nilswinkler.com>
Subject Re: 1:N:M
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 06:24:53 GMT

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:03:21 -0600, "Clinton Begin"
<clinton.begin@gmail.com> said:
> Yes, you should be able to map any depth or breadth.
>
> Simply use two joins, two groups and two result map chains.
>
> Cheers,
> Clinton

But that means that the size of the result set will increase with each
additional depth level, right? I'm sure that iBATIS can handle this, but
bandwidth and processing time might limit the scalability here, if I'm
not mistaken - depending on how rigid your WHERE clause is.

I have done this before, and it works, but I haven't gone deeper than
two levels.

Nils

--
nils@nilswinkler.com