ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From vinays84 <vinay...@hotmail.com>
Subject One Bean, multiple queries
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:30:07 GMT

I'm curious if iBatis can somehow handle mapping results to an existing
object or whether it must always create a new result object. Consider a
situation where a few queries are need to define a bean (for example a
specific report where the main data will have multiple rows and called from
query A, and the summary information will be one row and called from query
B). If a JavaBean class is created capable of storing data from all the
queries, the DAO would need to call each query, creating multiple instances
of the bean, each with data the other one desires. The developer would then
be tasked with manually merging all the data in to one main bean, which
could be tedious if each query contains a lot of data. Can iBatis handle
grabbing a partially populated bean and fully populating it from another
query? If not, how would one best tackle the example situation I described?
Thanks!