ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From wowiesy <...@i-manila.com.ph>
Subject iBATIS: how to handle overloaded setters
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:35:07 GMT

given a domain object that has the following code (property/getter/setter):

private BigDecimal amount;

public BigDecimal getAmount(){
   return this.amount;
}

public void setAmount(BigDecimal amt){
   this.amount = amt;
}

public void setAmount(double amt){
   this.amount = amt;
}
public void setAmount(float amt){
   this.amount = amt;
}
public void setAmount(int amt){
   this.amount = amt;
}

and the property is mapped into a column in a sqlmap as such:

<result property="amount" column="amount" />

I'm using Spring's SqlMapClientDaoSupport and upon initialization of the
beans, I get this on the log output:

2007-07-11 20:21:28,703 main
 [ERROR] com.ibatis.common.beans.ClassInfo - Illegal overloaded setter
method for property amount in class pay.domain.Benefit.  This breaks the
JavaBeans specification and can cause unpredicatble results.

And true enough, when I do an insert, and check the table itself, the right
value is inserted. However, when I do a select, the right amount is
returned.

Any workarounds?