ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Mark P Ashworth <i...@connext.co.za>
Subject MySQL and Blob
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2007 07:13:00 GMT

Good Day,

I am trying to insert a byte[] field into a MySQL database.

  <resultMap id="EmailResult" class="Email">
    <result property="id" column="email_id"/>
    <result property="name" column="name"/>
    <result property="subject" column="subject"/>
    <result property="from" column="from"/>
    <result property="body" column="body" jdbcType="BLOB" javaType="[B"/>
    <result property="type" column="type" />
  </resultMap>

  <insert id="insertEmail" parameterClass="Email">
    insert into email (
      name,
      subject,
      from,
      body,
      type
    ) values (
      #name#,
      #subject#,
      #from#,
      #body#,
      #type#
    )
  </insert>

 When I look at the SQL generated I see that it has not converted the body
field correctly so that MySQL will accept the statement.

 insert into email (       name,       subject,       from,       body,
type     ) values (       'register',       'Test',
'info@connext.co.za',       '[B@11381e7',       ''     )

I am using iBatis 2.3.0.677

Regards,
Mark P Ashworth