ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jean-François Daune <...@cigersoft.be>
Subject RE: Extending IBATIs
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:20:26 GMT
OK. I know why I have not found it: it is neither in 2.3.0, nor in developer's guide.

That's the added value of this list!

Could someone tell me the iBATIS version I should use?

The feature has been introduced in february, and I don't know if there have been releases
since february.

Cheers,

J-F

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 30 juillet 2007 9:06
À : user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Objet : Re: Extending IBATIs

And I still don't understand why direct to field mapping (therefore bypassing setters altogether)
won't work for you?

Clinton

On 7/30/07, Clinton Begin < clinton.begin@gmail.com> wrote:

You can make the setters private...

Clinton

On 7/30/07, Jean-François Daune < jfd@cigersoft.be> wrote:

Well, I feel that iBATIS needs 'special' access to the classes.

I have a very good case. We store the last modification date for many objects. So, I wanted
to update the field 'lastUpdateTime' in all setters.

But this does not work if iBATIS populates the object using the same 'setters' than other
users.

I feel this relates to the 'anemic model' anti-pattern.

One simple solution is just to have dedicated setters (e.g. prefixed by 'ibatis')

They could be declared by adding a 'setter-method' directive in the result map (or using annotations)

I have just started using iBATIS and appreciate a lot its simplicity, but I am really uncomfortable
weakening that much my object model.

J-F