ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Global Transactions or Ibatis's Automatic transactions
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:28:00 GMT
When using EXTERNAL transactions, the startTransaction() method does
nothing.  So JTA's transaction is not being called either - EXTERNAL means
that iBATIS is completely trusting some external source to manage
transactions (like an EJB container).

If you want to control JTA from withing iBATIS, use the JTA transaction
manager.

Jeff Butler