ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I18N best practices with iBatis
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2007 01:37:11 GMT
So you have a field for each locale?

I'd think it would be easier to if that were a compound key instead:

SELECT a.activity_id, i.name as name
FROM  activities a
JOIN  i18n i ON (a.name_i18n_id = i.i18n_id and i.i18n_locale = #locale#)

But.. I guess you'd still have to pass it to each query...

How about this - if you don't have a ton of locales to support, you
could do this:

SELECT a.activity_id, i.${locale} as name
FROM  activities a
JOIN  i18n i ON (a.name_i18n_id = i.i18n_id)

Then pass in the locale when you create the sqlmap client - each
locale would have it's own sql map client that you could put in a Map,
then put on the thread (use a ThreadLocale) and get from there when
needed. That could be a pretty clean solution if done well.

Larry