ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Daniel Kalcevich" <DKalcev...@marketlinx.com>
Subject RE: Database Blocking
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:41:52 GMT
If you want to get to the SQL Map Client Directly, you could always request it from the Spring
Application Context (aka context.getBean( "sqlMapClient" ) ).  Then you could potentially
bypass the injection into the DAO.  However, I am not sure how you would have to configure
the Transactions around it, because you still need some object to specify the transactions
on.

For our app, we always use a DAO, or if we need specific JDBC calls, we will obtain the Data
Source directly from the Spring Context file, and then get a connection, etc.   But that is
only in very rare cases such as some special blob handling we wanted to do.  Otherwise, we
always go through our Spring DAO's for the transactions and the fact it's easy for us to get
to the Sql Map Client.  Hope this helps.

Daniel

________________________________

From: Reese, Rich R. [mailto:Rich.R.Reese@supervalu.com]
Sent: Mon 6/4/2007 11:39 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: RE: Database Blocking

Our Abator generated DAOs are extending the org.springframework.orm.ibatis.support.SqlMapClientDaoSupport
class, but our custom queries do not go through a DAO.  They utilize iBATIS directly through
the SQLMapClient object.  Our architecture is trying to make it so the developer goes to a
DAO for canned Abator generated queries, but then go directly to iBATIS for custom queries.
 Is it not possible or a good idea to go directly to iBATIS through the SqlMapClient?  Should
one always use a DAO?

Thanks,

Rich