ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Yee, Richard K CTR DMDC" <Richard.Yee....@osd.pentagon.mil>
Subject RE: Caching data requirement.
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:30:42 GMT
Ashish,
I think Larry's point is that by storing it in Java, it may not be as up
to date as it is in the database. With 16,000 rows, you could have the
logic in a stored procedure that is run as a database trigger whenever
the data changes and retrieve the result from your application.

How soon do you need the changes in the data to be seen by your Java
application?

-Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashish Kulkarni [mailto:ashish.kulkarni13@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 10:52 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org; lmeadors@apache.org
Subject: Re: Caching data requirement.

Hi
I can use stored procedure to read this data, but i would like to store
it in java( basically this is a web application ) so store this in a
ServletContext or some where and update it when ever there is change in
this data.
if was wondering if ibatis can be any help in doing so

	I'd look for a way to make the database do this - any solution
on the
	Java side will be inherently out-of-date.

	Can you do this in a stored procedure?

	Larry

	On 6/10/07, Ashish Kulkarni <ashish.kulkarni13@gmail.com> wrote:
	> Hi
	> I have a situation where i have a table of about 16,000. rows,
which i need
	> to use for mathematical calculation.
	> i want to cache the data and this data should update as soon
as the database
	> is updated.
	>
	> Database is updated by external process, so Java program does
not  know if
	> there  is update by some other process.
	>
	> Is it possible to do this requirement using ibatis, any
suggestions