ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>
Subject Purpose of sqlClientTemplate
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 14:07:00 GMT
I've been looking the the instructions on migrating from Ibatis DAO to
Spring DAO on the wiki
http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/Converting+iBA
TIS+DAO+to+Spring+DAO

The DAO classes extend
org.springframework.orm.ibatis.support.SqlMapClientDaoSupport which has
support for injection of both a sqlMapClient object and a
sqlMapClientTemplate Object.

On the wiki I notice that the sqlMapClientTemplate is defined but never
used. The DAO objects have the sqlMapClient injected.

Is there a preference for one over the other (transaction support, speed,
memory, etc)?

Isn't it superfluous to have the sqlMapClientTemplate definition if it's not
used?

I'm trying to get a better idea of how best to use spring.

Z.