ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Sudhir, Sudhir (Contractor)" <SSud...@moneygram.com>
Subject RE: Caching data requirement.
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:43:21 GMT
Ashish,

I would suggest doing this operation on the DB side either as a stored
proc or in a trigger of some sort. If the data is cached on the Java
side and you are doing your math on this data, it will be outdated
without you refreshing this cached data from DB. Your options could vary
based on;

a)      How often the data changes

b)      How critical is the math on this data (i.e. how much lag?)

If you are caching the data to do "just the math" operation then you are
probably going the wrong path. Without knowing your needs, my first
hunch would be do the operation on the DB side first..

-Sudhir

From: Ashish Kulkarni [mailto:ashish.kulkarni13@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:11 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Caching data requirement.

Hi
I have a situation where i have a table of about 16,000. rows, which i
need to use for mathematical calculation.
i want to cache the data and this data should update as soon as the
database is updated.

Database is updated by external process, so Java program does not  know
if there  is update by some other process.

Is it possible to do this requirement using ibatis, any suggestions

Ashish

This message may contain confidential information.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
delete this email from your system.