ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Reese, Rich R." <Rich.R.Re...@supervalu.com>
Subject RE: Database Blocking
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:39:58 GMT
Our Abator generated DAOs are extending the
org.springframework.orm.ibatis.support.SqlMapClientDaoSupport class, but
our custom queries do not go through a DAO.  They utilize iBATIS
directly through the SQLMapClient object.  Our architecture is trying to
make it so the developer goes to a DAO for canned Abator generated
queries, but then go directly to iBATIS for custom queries.  Is it not
possible or a good idea to go directly to iBATIS through the
SqlMapClient?  Should one always use a DAO?

Thanks,

Rich

________________________________

From: Daniel Kalcevich [mailto:DKalcevich@marketlinx.com]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 1:26 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: RE: Database Blocking

How are you accessing the code shown in your last post?  We are also
using Spring with JBoss, and it works fine for us.  We pretty much have
the same thing you have defined in Spring context.xml file (for our SQL
Map Client), but we inject the SQL Map client into our DAO's by
extending the
"org.springframework.orm.ibatis.support.SqlMapClientDaoSupport" class.
Then, our app context looks like the following:

<bean id="sqlMapClient"

class="org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientFactoryBean">

<property name="configLocation" value="WEB-INF/sqlmap-config.xml"/>

<property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>

</bean>

------

<bean id="AccountDAO" class="com.app.dao.impl.AccountDAOImpl">

<property name="sqlMapClient">

<ref local="sqlMapClient"/>

</property>

</bean>

what I  am tyring to get at is that you should not have to explicitly
build the SqlMapClient.

Daniel