ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Yu, Jack" <Jack...@fmr.com>
Subject How to use TypeMap correctly?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:05:20 GMT
Hi,

	        We are trying to handle custom types (such as Oracle
Object), the only way we find out now is to
	        get the connection instance from
SqlMapper.getDataSource().getConnection(),
	        and set the typeMap in that connection, and set it back
using SqlMapper.setUserConnection.

	        The API document  says:

	        "Using a user supplied connection basically sidesteps
the transaction manager,
	    so you are responsible for appropriately"

	        The reason that we call "setUserConnection" is that
SqlMapper will eventually use "userConnection"
	        to perform the SQL transactions, and
SqlMapper.getUserConnection is deprecated, and
	        "userConnection" value is not the same as
SqlMapper.getDataSource().getConnection(). What's the magic
	        reason under that??

	        is there any better way to handle it?

	        Thanks

	        -- Jack