ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Hofri Yehuda" <Yehuda.Ho...@comverse.com>
Subject RE: TransactionManager config for simultaneous EXTERNAL and JDBC transactions
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 12:14:41 GMT
Hi Janne,
* Are you using a unified classloader ?
* which application server are you using ?
* which iBatis version are you using ?

Hofri

-----Original Message-----
From: janne mattila [mailto:jansu76@luukku.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 3:11 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: TransactionManager config for simultaneous EXTERNAL and JDBC transactions

I am implementing a system which has a number of iBatis DAOs that are used both by EJB clients
and basic web application code.

Architecture will be like

(EJB)
(JSPs/Actions etc)

(business logic layer)

(DAOs)

EJBs use container managed transactions, and hence I should use EXTERNAL transaction manager.

Web application code should use basic iBatis JNDI/SIMPLE transaction manager and transactions
are demarcated on the business logic layer using daoManager.startTransaction() etc.

Both "business logic clients" (EJB & web app code) should use the same business logic
methods (which use the same DAO code). I understand I can use the same business logic layer
for both, since for example daoManager.commitTransaction() will not do anything if EXTERNAL
transactions are configured?

How should iBatis configuration be done??? Do I have to have separate dao1.xml and dao2.xml
files and build separate DaoManager instances for the EJB clients and the web app clients?

Anything specific that I need to worry about using this approach?

Luukku Plus paketilla pääset eroon tila- ja turvallisuusongelmista.
Hanki Luukku Plus ja helpotat elämääsi. http://www.mtv3.fi/luukku