ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Tom Schindl <tom.schi...@bestsolution.at>
Subject Define Factory to instantiate Objects?
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:02:32 GMT
Hi,

is it possible to teach iBatis to use a Factory-method to instatiate a
class? In my case the constructor is protected (or even better the
specified type is an interface) and the objects are normally
instantiated using a Factory (for those interested I'm working with
Objects generated from Eclipse EMF).

I'd e.g. like to say

<typeAlias
      alias="Client"
      type="at.bestsolution.model.IClient"
      factory="MyModelFactory.createClient" />

Please note also that in this case IClient is an Interface and the
Factory will take care to create the appropriate real implementation
(ClientImpl).

Tom