ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Brandon Goodin" <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on using Transactions with iBatis and Spring
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:29:01 GMT
There are multiple ways to handle transcations. You can handle them from the
sqlmap. This is apparently what you are referencing in the book. You can
also manage them with normal Spring mechansisms. Following is the
configuration for Spring we are using on a current project.

    <tx:annotation-driven transaction-manager="transactionManager"/>

    <!-- DAO Configuration -->

    <bean name="transactionManager" class="
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceTransactionManager">
        <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="sqlMapClient" class="
org.springframework.orm.ibatis.SqlMapClientFactoryBean">
        <property name="configLocation"
value="classpath:com/mwt/internal/dao/sqlmap/SqlMapConfig.xml"/>
        <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
        <property name="useTransactionAwareDataSource" value="true"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="dataSource" class="some.class.here.for.a.DataSource">
        <constructor-arg index="0" value="${driverClassName}"/>
        <constructor-arg index="1" value="${databaseUrl}"/>
        <constructor-arg index="2" value="${userName}"/>
        <constructor-arg index="3" value="${password}"/>
    </bean>

We do not start transactions on the SqlMap rather we use the Spring
transaction callback or annotations. It would also be possible to configure
the transactions in the context xml.

Callback example:
TransactionTemplate tt = new TransactionTemplate(transactionManager);

tt.execute(new TransactionCallbackWithoutResult() {
  public void doInTransactionWithoutResult(TransactionStatus
transactionStatus) {
    myDao.insert(myObject);
    myOtherDao.update(myOtherObject);
  }
}

Annotation Example:
@Transactional
public void insertMethodOnServiceClass(MyObject myObject) {
  myDao.insert(myObject);
  myOtherDao.update(myObject);
}

Hope that helps,