ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Arnaud Lemaître <arnaud.lemai...@free.fr>
Subject RE: Multi result sets support broken in ibatis-2.3.0.677
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 03:52:10 GMT
Hi Clinton,

I’ve posted a bug report on JIRA and finally discovered the problem 
(then post a comment on this bug report :-) Please, see my notes.

For my jdbc driver/Mysql server combination this line :
(listed on the report)

...
    if (!stmt.getConnection().getMetaData().supportsMultipleResultSets()) {
      return false;
    }
...
}	

is always returning false. So it's definetely a jdbc driver or server issue.
That said, may be it's not a good design to rely on this flag...
What do you think? 

For my particular needs, i've just removed this test, and it works fine.

Thanks,

Arnaud
________________________________________
De : Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com] 
Envoyé : lundi 25 juin 2007 23:11
À : user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Objet : Re: Multi result sets support broken in ibatis-2.3.0.677

Thanks for the input here, and yes we hope you can fix it.  :-)
 
Question though:  Are you suggesting that it does work in versions previous
to 2.3?
 
Cheers,
Clinton


 
On 6/21/07, Arnaud Lemaître <arnaud.lemaitre@free.fr> wrote: 
Hi,

Following my previous mail, i did jdbc quick and dirty equivalent to my
programm. (without changing my db configuration) 

So Ibatis 2.3 seems to be broken regarding multi result sets support.
And apparently it's not only when resultclass is set to « int, int » since
I did some different tests returning POJOs etc.

If i can fix it myself  i'll submit a patch. Hope it's not tricky. 

Regards,
Arnaud

Here is the test :

package com.test;

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.ResultSet;
import java.sql.Statement;


public class test { 

       public static void main( String[] args ) {
               new test( args );
       }

public void testJDBCConnection() throws Exception
       {
               Class.forName( "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver " );

               String url =
"jdbc:mysql://myHost:3306/myDatabase?autoReconnect=true&allowMultiQueries=tr
ue&characterEncoding=UTF-8&characterSetResults=UTF-8";

               Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( url,
"myDatabase", "myPassword" );

               try
               {
                       String sqlString = "SELECT 1+1; SELECT 2+2; SELECT
3+3"; 
                       System.out.println("Before executing");


                       Statement stmt = conn.createStatement();
                       stmt.execute( sqlString );
                       for (;;) { 
                               int updateCount = stmt.getUpdateCount();
                               if (updateCount >= 0) {
// report rows affected...
                               }
                               else { 
                                       ResultSet rs
= stmt.getResultSet();
                                       if (rs == null)
                                       break;
                                       if ( rs.next()
)
                                              
System.out.println( "result
:" + rs.getInt(1) );
// process resultset ....
                               }
                               stmt.getMoreResults();
                       }

                       System.out.println("After executing");
               }
               catch (Exception e)
               {
                       System.out.println("Exception: " + e);
               }

       }

public test( String[] args ) {
       try
       {
       testJDBCConnection();
       }
       catch (Exception e) 
       {
               System.out.println("Exception: " + e);
       }
}

}

And the output :

Before executing
result :2
result :4
result :6
After executing



Mime
View raw message