ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: R: maxTransactions DefaultValue
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:23:28 GMT
You can set these values in XML.....however you cannot set them after the
fact with code as you have.  It's too late by that point, as everything is
pooled.

Regardless...you shouldn't mess with this anyway.  Just use the defaults.
There's absolutely no way you're running 32 simultaneous transactions on one
box.  :-)

If you are, I want stock in your database software provider.

Also, these artificial limits will go away soon anyway, while they are a
performance benefit most of the time, they cause confusion and take the
responsibility away from the app server or database -- where it should be.

Clinton

On 6/4/07, De Gaetano Giuseppe <degaetano@pitagora.it> wrote:

>  Thank you for your response. I am sorry If didn't regret in advance.
>

> I changed my code in this way
>

> sqlMap.delegate.setMaxTransactions(75);
>

> Now the output is the value I setted, but the maximum number of connection
> created is 32.
>
> I guess that in case there is no setting in the SqlMapConfig.xml the
> default value is 32.
>
> Can anybody confirm my guessing.
>

> Thank you in advance
>
> Giuseppe

settings. In case you don't use this setting the default value