ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Sebastian Niezgoda <sniezg...@gestalt-llc.com>
Subject Enums and iBatis - still not clear
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:38:42 GMT
Hello,

I've read through archives and the wiki but I'm still not clear on how
exactly to handle enums using iBatis.

I use ant's xjc task to create objects from a database schema. The code
tables become Java Enum objects such as:

public enum MyEnum {

   VAL1,
   VAL2;

   public String value() {
      return name();
   }

   public static MyEnum fromValue(String v) {
      return valueOf(v);
   }
}

I have a POJO, MyObject, with the following parameters:

private String ID;
private MyEnum enum;

I do a simple query and in the DAO SQL I create a result map as follows:

<resultMap id="pojoMap" class="MyObject">

   <result property="ID" column="ID" />
   <result property="enum" resultMap="MyObject.enumMap" />
</resultMap>

<resultMap id="enumMap" class="MyEnum">
   <result property="?????" value="enum" />
</resultMap>

My question is - how do I map the value I retrieve from db (called enum)
to the MyEnum class?

No matter what I replace the ????? with it doesn't work and it fails
with the following error:

Cause: com.ibatis.common.beans.ProbeException: There is no WRITEABLE
property named '?????'; in class 'MyEnum'

I could create a bunch of handlers but there are many of them and since
the objects are generated from the schema they can always change.  Is
there an easy way to do this?

Thanks,

Sebastian