ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From vinays84 <vinay...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: New to iBatis
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:15:31 GMT

Thanks for all the replies. I'd like to quickly compare using iBatis vs.
Hibernate. I'm not an expert on either, so please correct any false
assumptions I make:

With Hibernate, the entire data model is mapped out for the application,
which can initially take a while and have a lot of configuration, but once
complete, will allow the developer to access the update the data model as
the application develops with any specific queries that they see fit,
without adding any extra POJOS or configuration code.

iBatis, on the other hand, is much simpler to set up, but configuration and
java code (POJOS and DAOS) will have to be added as more queries are added
to the application because each result class will have to be specifically
designed for the individual query.

Please edit/add anything that you think so I may get a proper understanding
of the differences between the two frameworks.

Thanks!