ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Ashok Madhavan" <ashok.madha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Abator rootClass question
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 11:44:34 GMT
Hi Meindert,
those columns which i had mentioned are common across all tables. Having a
common base class also helps as i can reuse a lot. The other important thing
i gain is alongwith namespaces and spring support it is possible to have as
less code as possible. My action classes, DAO, DAO impl wont change at all.
it will be a common action, common dao, common dao impl. Only the namespace,
DTO, xml, jsp fill will vary. And the namespace will be injected thro
spring. this sorta nicely rolls up. when i need a specific thing which is
differnt for a particular entity, then i extend the base Action class and
add a method and corresponding iBatis chunks.

regards
ashok