ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Sheehan, Andrew" <Andrew.Shee...@chasepaymentech.com>
Subject RE: unable to load dao.xml outside of .war
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 13:05:04 GMT
Have you tried using java.net.Url, or one of its subtypes, to locate it?

________________________________

From: Jane Phillips [mailto:jane22124@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 8:53 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: unable to load dao.xml outside of .war

Hello,

I am new to iBatis and need help on one,maybe simple to you, problem. I
need to read dao.xml file from a config path which is out side of the
.ear or .war package. I was required to put all those .xml files(dao.xml
, sqlMap.xml and datasource.properties etc) under a arbitrary directory
like C:\myConfig. I know it is working if I place all those .xml files
under package root directory. But when I put them in c:\myConfig
directory and set my environment CLASSPATH to C:\myConfig, it couldn't
find the file!??

I am using Resource.getResourceAsReader("dao.xml") to locate it. Can
someone give me guidance on this? Thanks so much.

Jane

Building a website is a piece of cake.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48251/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhos
ting/?p=PASSPORTPLUS>

Learn more about Chase Paymentech Solutions,LLC payment processing services at www.chasepaymentech.com.
THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are proprietary and
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you may not print, distribute, or copy this message or any
attachments.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments from your computer.