ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Tom Henricksen" <T...@A-t-g.com>
Subject iBatis without Bind variables?
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 21:12:06 GMT
We have a query that is running very slow when running through iBatis
against DB2.  If we pull that query and run through Aqua Data studio
with raw SQL (w/o bind variables) it runs fast.  It seems that DB2 is
picking a different query plan with the bind variables then when we use
raw SQL.  We even went to test iBatis vs JDBC with Bind variables and
JDBC w/o Bind variables.  And iBatis and JDBC with Bind variables were
both slow were JDBC w/o bind variables was fast.  Is it possible to run
iBatis w/o bind variables?  I would doubt it, just wondering if others
have run into similar problems and if you had any suggestions. I
understand bind variables are a good thing.  This just seems like the
exception to the rule where they or the database isn't doing the correct
thing.

Thanks,

Tom Henricksen
Consultant