ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Meindert" <meind...@pastelebusiness.com>
Subject RE: HOW2: Domain Object Searching
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 13:20:30 GMT
Did you have a look a http://ibatis.apache.org/abator.html ?
It generates a search object

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Weder [mailto:Joe.Weder@hj3m.com]
Sent: 07 May 2007 03:07 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: HOW2: Domain Object Searching

What does everyone recommend for object searching?

I want to support any combination of several properties on each of our
applications domain model: Customers, Suppliers, Products, etc.

Lets take Customer for example:
User wants to see all the customers in the 'north-east' sales region that
purchase products from suppliers like 'this and that.'
User wants to see all the customers with name like 'something-something'
User wants to see ...

Customer
{
    String id;
    String name;
    Address address;
}

Now, I have a DAO that uses iBatis maps to load and store Customers. But how
do I bring in the WHERE concepts? I don't want client code creating SQL and
passing it in. I could use a Customer object and pass it in. I've seen
Hibernate has some Criteria mechanisms. What do iBatis users use?

Anyone use  http://www.opensymphony.com/compass/ Compass  with iBatis?