ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Tegan Clark <tegan.cl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Caching of resultset metadata
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 16:52:38 GMT
Hi group,

  I've got an interesting one:

  I have iBATIS 2.3 mapping against a set of legacy Oracle stored procedures (via an out parameter).
 These stored procedures return different cursors based on the input parameters supplied,
i.e. sometimes it might return three columns, other times six.

  The first call works fine, as do calls that return the same cursor structure as the first
call.  I get problems though if the cursor structure changes.  I think iBATIS is caching the
resultset structure to save it having to interrogate the resultset metadata again for multiple
calls.

  Unfortunately that doesn't work for me.  Is there any way to turn it off?  If not does anyone
have a pointer as to where to start in the code to adjust this behavior?

  All help greatly appreciated.

  Tegan

    Caused by: com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException:
  --- The error occurred in sqlMap/storedProcedure/all_report_pkg/listJobSummary.xml.
  --- Check the listJobSummary-AutoResultMap.
  --- Check the result mapping for the 'PRODUCT_TYPE_NAME' property.
  --- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column name

       Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48517/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7
hot CTA = Join our Network Research Panel