ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <n.beek...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: Taking care of different databases
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 06:41:12 GMT
As for selectKey statements, see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-142 for a hint on this.
Otherwise, I think you need to include different sqlmaps for different
databases, search the archives for some examples.

Niels

________________________________

From: Ashok Madhavan [mailto:ashok.madhavan@gmail.com]
Sent: zondag 6 mei 2007 3:19
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Taking care of different databases

Hi all,

Our product can be deployed in different app servers and different
databases. Presently we have a existing inhouse DB library which takes
care of this. it takes care of inserts in different databases properly.
it basically checks for the type of database and gets the id of the just
inserted record accordingly.

I understand in iBatis i can do this but for a given type of database at
a given time. if i need to use the same xml for inserting records across
databases, how do i do it ? i can use Abator to generate xml but it
assumes i use only one type of database.

like for postgres
    <insert id="insertColorSize"
parameterClass="com.xxx.ProductColorSize" >
        insert into tb_products_color_sizechart ( company_id,
product_uid, product_number, color_code_uid, size_chart_uid,
        image_url, carryover, sku, upc, description, top_seller )
        values
        ( #companyId:NUMERIC#, #productUID:NUMERIC#,
#productNumber:VARCHAR#, #colorCodeUID:NUMERIC#, #sizeChartUID:NUMERIC#,
#imageUrl:VARCHAR#,
        #carryOver:VARCHAR#, #sku:VARCHAR#, #upc:VARCHAR#,
        <selectKey keyProperty="productColorSizeChartUID"
resultClass="long">
            select
currval('tb_products_color_sizechart_product_color_size_chart_uid_seq')
        </selectKey>
    </insert>

can ibatis automatically take care of this ?

any pointers, advice, suggestions would be welcome.

regards
Ashok