ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jane Phillips <jane22...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: unable to load dao.xml outside of .war
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 11:34:26 GMT
Richard,

  You are right. We use Tomcat and I fixed it. Thank you so much.

  Jane

Richard Yee <ryee@cruzio.com> wrote:
  Jane,
What server are you using? Typically, servers ignore the environment
classpath setting and set it explicitly in the server startup script.
You might need to edit the server startup script.

-Richard

Jane Phillips wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to iBatis and need help on one,maybe simple to you, problem.
> I need to read dao.xml file from a config path which is out side of
> the .ear or .war package. I was required to put all those .xml
> files(dao.xml , sqlMap.xml and datasource.properties etc) under a
> arbitrary directory like C:\myConfig. I know it is working if I place
> all those .xml files under package root directory. But when I put them
> in c:\myConfig directory and set my environment CLASSPATH to
> C:\myConfig, it couldn't find the file!??
>
> I am using Resource.getResourceAsReader("dao.xml") to locate it. Can
> someone give me guidance on this? Thanks so much.
>
> Jane

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos &
more.