ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From BenBaril <benjamin.ba...@fbn.ca>
Subject Re: Retrieve stored proc return code
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 11:38:43 GMT

OT: (Though I really do need a solution to this)

To retrieve RAISERROR messages from Sybase we used a feature that is built
into the sybase driver. You can set a message handler on the connection when
it's created. I used a feature of Websphere (the application container that
will  be hosting my applications) called the DataStoreHelper in order to
intercept the creation of the connection.

To limit the maximum number of rows returned (a feature that we had
previously done by using our own custom driver) was to use the Sybase
connection property 'SQLINISTRING' to pass a 'set rowcount 2005' to sybase
when the connection was created. After extensive testing we saw that while
SPs could override the rowcount (which is fine) that override was scoped to
the life of the SP and no longer.