ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From BenBaril <benjamin.ba...@fbn.ca>
Subject Retrieve stored proc return code
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 22:43:14 GMT

Hi All,

I know this issue has come up before, but I'm curious if there is a
solution. I am in the process of evaluating iBatis (and we have pretty much
decided on it) as the sql mapper for our IT-Revitalization project. We have
over 1000 Stored Procedures in a Sybase database. So far we have gotten
around issues such as not having a handle on the connection to retrieve
RAISERROR messages from a stored procedure as well as limiting the number of
results.

Our problem right now is that we cannot retrieve the return code from an SP.
We rely heavily on return codes to determine why a stored procedure may have
failed, and we need these codes to propagate back up the Java stack so we
can have a handle on them.

Is there a way to do this using iBatis right now?

Thank you,
Benjamin Baril