ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Joe Weder <Joe.We...@hj3m.com>
Subject HOW2: Domain Object Searching
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 13:06:59 GMT

What does everyone recommend for object searching?

I want to support any combination of several properties on each of our
applications domain model: Customers, Suppliers, Products, etc.

Lets take Customer for example:
User wants to see all the customers in the 'north-east' sales region that
purchase products from suppliers like 'this and that.'
User wants to see all the customers with name like 'something-something'
User wants to see ...

Customer
{
    String id;
    String name;
    Address address;
}

Now, I have a DAO that uses iBatis maps to load and store Customers. But how
do I bring in the WHERE concepts? I don't want client code creating SQL and
passing it in. I could use a Customer object and pass it in. I've seen
Hibernate has some Criteria mechanisms. What do iBatis users use?

Anyone use  http://www.opensymphony.com/compass/ Compass  with iBatis?