ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From <russen...@northwesternmutual.com>
Subject Setting username and password credentials for JNDI datasource
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 22:31:07 GMT
> My DataSources need to have their Connection's username and password
> credentials set programmatically at runtime.  Unfortunately, for a few
> reasons, configuring them at the server level is not an option.

The most recent postings I was able to find on this subject were from
2005, so I wanted to put this message out there again, in case there is
a solution supported in iBATIS now, or at least an elegant workaround,
that someone else has found.

> I am able to do the following in Hibernate, and am looking for the
> equivalent way to accomplish this in iBATIS:
>
>     Configuration config = new
> Configuration().configure("hibernate.cfg.xml");
>     config.setProperty("hibernate.connection.username", "username");
>     config.setProperty("hibernate.connection.password", "password");
>
> thanks
> - Russ

</pre><font face=Arial>This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential
information of Northwestern Mutual. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail and any attachments
is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Northwestern Mutual
immediately by returning it to the sender and delete all copies from your system. Please be
advised that communications received via the Northwestern Mutual Secure Message Center are
secure. Communications that are not received via the Northwestern Mutual Secure Message Center
may not be secure and could be observed by a third party. Thank you for your cooperation.</font><pre>