ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mapping to objects that have multiple list properties
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 21:56:58 GMT
Here is one guy's opinion: It isn't an issue for a few reasons.

First, it doesn't happen all that often - sometimes, sure, but it's a
small percentage of the total number of queries I need.

In most cases (in my experience anyway) this type of query is used in
a reporting type of situation, where a flatter structure (such as a
Map) will do. (To any OOP police reading this: I don't really care if
it's not a true Object-Oriented solution, it's still a solution, and I
will bill for it anyway.)

In the few cases where I have had to do this, if performance is not
critical, multiple queries work adequately; if performance *is*
critical, a RowHandler will provide pretty darn good performance.

If it's a show-stopper for you, feel free to fix-up the code over the
weekend, attach it to the JIRA issue with some test cases, and email
me. I'll review it and commit it - I'd like to see this one resolved.

Larry