ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spring DAO interface/implementation structure
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:28:22 GMT
A few things - it lets you use different implementations - like if you
need to use jdbc or hibernate you could theoretically swap the impl
and keep the remainder of the code intact.

Because of that, it also simplifies testing - you can use mock dao
classes if you want. (I guess since you are using spring, you can use
it's transaction aware testing stuff - it's pretty slick).

Also, if you are using JDK5, you can use a generic base class then
provide the data type in the subclass - it makes 99% of the code go
away, but still gives you the ability to add stuff to individual daos.

Larry