ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: converting iBATIS framework DAOs to the Spring Framework
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:14:29 GMT
Thanks a TON for doing this, it's really appreciated!

Here is the WIKI Page: http://tinyurl.com/ysvjw5

I just converted it to WIKI format and corrected some simple stuff.

I was curious why if we are starting with jpetshop5, why not use the
hsqldb stuff that is there?

Also, I'd suggest that we use constructor injection instead of setter
injection - that way, we only need to remove the default constructors
from the service classes (eg., public AccountService() {...}, and the
related imports. It also prevents people from replacing the dao
instances (well, not entirely, but they have to do a bit more work).

Larry