ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Sudhir, Sudhir \(Contractor\)" <SSud...@moneygram.com>
Subject Stored Procedure Transaction Issue.
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 19:11:19 GMT
Hello,

I am calling a stored procedure within oracle. The stored procedure does
some inserts and returns a value (in this instance the id of the row
inserted). But the transaction never gets committed. There is no
explicit commit within the stored procedure so I try to use the
following block to control and commit the TX.

                        try {

                                    daoManager.startTransaction();

                                    orgDAO.saveBusinessInformation(org);

                                    daoManager.commitTransaction();

                        } finally {

                                    daoManager.endTransaction();

                        }

However it seems like when I am calling a "stored procedure" the above
transaction calls are almost ignored. My current settings in the
sqlmap-config are

<transactionManager type="JDBC" commitRequired="true">

If I change the above to

<transactionManager type="JDBC" commitRequired="false"> the calls
succeeds and the commit happens. But my question is: is there a reason
why the transaction manager behaves one way for SQL calls versus stored
procedures?

Thanks,

Sudhir

This message may contain confidential information.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
delete this email from your system.