ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Meindert" <meind...@pastelebusiness.com>
Subject RE: Return as XML
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:14:46 GMT
Yes;

<select id="messageQueue" parameterClass="map" resultClass="xml"
xmlResultName="Message">

And you probably want to have control on the rows returned so you might need
to add a rowhandler

Call to query

RowHandler rowHandler=new xmlRowHandler("mailQueue");

queryWithRowHandler("messageQueue", myParam, rowHandler); // go through the
list

Document doc = ((xmlRowHandler) rowHandler).getDomDocument();

return doc.getRootElement();

row handler

/* Inner Classes */

    public static class xmlRowHandler implements RowHandler{

        private Document domDocument;

        public xmlRowHandler(String xmlResultName){

            domDocument = DocumentHelper.createDocument();

            Element root = getDomDocument().addElement( xmlResultName );

        }

        public void handleRow(Object object){

            try{

                Document xmlFragment = DocumentHelper.parseText((String)
object);

                Element xmlElement= xmlFragment.getRootElement();

                Element root = getDomDocument().getRootElement();

                root.add(xmlElement);

            }catch(DocumentException e){

                logger.error("Parsing failed;" + e.getMessage());

            }

        }

        public Document getDomDocument() {

            return domDocument;