ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Meindert" <meind...@pastelebusiness.com>
Subject RE: iBATIS, Spring, and transactions...
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:51:39 GMT
Hi All,

Does anybody have an answer on the question posted below?
I want to switch of from IBATIS DAO to spring because IBATIS DAO is
depreciated.
I can convert most of the code quite simply, but what must I do with my
transactions?

Kind Regards
 Meindert

-----Original Message-----
From: Brendan.McKenna@mdsuk.com [mailto:Brendan.McKenna@mdsuk.com]
Sent: 03 April 2007 07:15 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: iBATIS, Spring, and transactions...

Hi,

        Another newbie question.

        If I am implementing DAOs using Spring's iBATIS support, am I
required to also use Spring's transaction controls, or can I still use the
startTransaction(), commitTransaction() and endTransaction() calls
supplied by iBATIS?  If I can, I'm afraid that it's not clear to me how to
specify that I want to do this in the relevant XML configuration files.

        Thanks,

                Brendan