ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Meindert" <meind...@pastelebusiness.com>
Subject RE: converting iBATIS framework DAOs to the Spring Framework
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:02:52 GMT
Hi All,

I had a look at spring transactions and can get the annotation working for
the dao layer but not for the service layer?

This is the xml I added in the spring config file to enable spring
annotations (Java1.5+ required),

<!-- TRANSACTIONS -->

    <bean id="txManager"
class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceTransactionManager">

        <property name="dataSource">

            <ref bean="dataSource"/>

        </property>

    </bean>

    <bean
class="org.springframework.aop.framework.autoproxy.DefaultAdvisorAutoProxyCr
eator"/>

    <bean
class="org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAttributeSourc
eAdvisor">

        <property name="transactionInterceptor" ref="txInterceptor"/>

    </bean>

    <bean id="txInterceptor"
class="org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor">

        <property name="transactionManager" ref="txManager"/>

        <property name="transactionAttributeSource">

            <bean
class="org.springframework.transaction.annotation.AnnotationTransactionAttri
buteSource"/>

        </property>

    </bean>

Step 2, Tested it on the dao layer by modifying updateAccount

@Transactional

public void updateAccount(Account account) {

    update("updateAccount", account);

    int i = 5/0;  //division by zero, expect rollback of account changes

    update("updateProfile", account);

 }

This works! But if I move the annotation to the service layer like this

@Transactional

public void updateAccount(Account account) {

     accountDao.updateAccount(account);

}

I get

org.springframework.aop.framework.AopConfigException: Cannot proxy target
class because CGLIB2 is not available. Add CGLIB to the class path or
specify proxy interfaces.

Kind Regards

 Meindert