ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Daniel Pitts" <Daniel.Pi...@cnet.com>
Subject RE: Mapping reuslt to to java.util.Map with dynamic key(from column), possible?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:51:23 GMT
I think its called queryForMap :-)

________________________________

	From: Mikael Andersson [mailto:mail.micke@gmail.com]
	Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 6:28 AM
	To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
	Subject: Mapping reuslt to to java.util.Map with dynamic
key(from column), possible?

	Hi

	I wonder if it is possible to populate a Map via a resultMap so
that the key is the value from a column and the value the value of
another column?

	I read how about to create a Map with pre specified key values
in the PDF documentation, but I couldn't find how to use dynamic key
value.

	public class MyVO{
	private int id;
	private Map<String,String> properties;

	// getters and setters ...
	}

	Table design :
	ID | type | value |
	------------------------
	1  | xx    | val1   |
	1  | xy    | val2   |
	1  | yx    | val3   |
	1  | yy    | val4   |

	<resultMap class="MyVO" id="map1">
	<result property="id" column="ID"/>
	<result property="properties" resultMap="map2"/>
	</resultMap>

	<resultMap class="java.util.Map" id="map2">
	?????
	</resultMap>

	With the above table data I would like to have one MyVO object
with a map containing the following (type column dictates map key):
	[
	key="xx" value="val1"
	key="xy" value="val2"
	key="yx" value="val3"