ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Chris Lamey" <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject RE: XA transactions
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:06:37 GMT
Do you want to use Spring for everything?  If so, then you don't need to do anything iBATIS-wise
if your transaction setup is already done.  You will need to read the Spring docs on XA transaction
management, but it'll be transparent to iBATIS.  If you don't want to use Spring, then you
need to configure the transactionmanager on the SqlMapClient bean itself.  I'm pretty sure
the transactionmanager element in the sqlmap config file is effectively ignored if you're
using the Spring SqlMapClient (it's overridden Spring, which defaults to EXTERNAL so Spring
can manage the txns by default).  Even in this case, I'd recommend that you use Spring to
pull in the JBoss manager via JNDI as the transaction manager or something rather than configuring
iBATIS directly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Volkmann [mailto:mark@ociweb.com]
Sent: Fri 4/20/2007 7:14 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: XA transactions

I'm using JBoss, Spring transactions, iBATIS and Spring DAOs
generated by Abator. I need to global transactions that span
operations in two databases. When I specify the <transactionManager>
element in my SqlMapConfig.xml file, should I use type="JTA" where
iBATIS will actively manage transactions or type="EXTERNAL" where
iBATIS will allow Spring to manage transactions?