ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Zsolt Koppany" <zkoppanyl...@intland.com>
Subject RE: connection pool for production
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2007 06:23:16 GMT
Jeff,

thank you but we have problems with WebSphere connection pool and I would
like to use the same pool implementation under TC & WS.

Is the ibatis pool not recommended for production use?

Zsolt

  _____

From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 10:55 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: connection pool for production

I recommend using a JNDI datasource.  It works on both platforms and then
you'll use the WebSphere native connection pool in production.

Jeff Butler

On 4/14/07, Zsolt Koppany <zkoppanylist@intland.com> wrote:

Hi,

we are using ibatis-2.1.7.597 currently with tomcat-5.5.20's database
connection pool. Because we need to run also with websphere (thus we must
running without tomcat) I would like to use either dbcp or ibatis's
connection pool.

What is your recommendation? Is the ibatis database pool OK for production
usage?

Zsolt