ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Darren Moen" <Dar...@theladders.com>
Subject parameterClass for select from resultMap with composite keys
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 04:29:56 GMT

I have a result map that does a result select based on 2 columns

<result property="companyType"
           column="lookupId=company_type_id,localeId=locale_id"
           select="getCompanyTypeByIdAndLocale"/>

The select works fine when done from the result map when NO parameterClass is specified

<select id="getCompanyTypeByIdAndLocale"
           resultMap="select-company-type-result">
  select …
</select>

But then I can’t reuse that select statement from my DAO because it needs 2 parameters, but
if I pass in a map it complains because it was expecting a String (because no paramaterClass
was specified)

If I specify a parameterClass=’java.util.Map’ I get a error:
--- Check the result mapping for the 'companyType' property.
--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Column 'lookupId=company_type_id,localeId=locale_id' not
found.

I know I could easily have 2 select statements, but hopefully that’s not necessary.
Any help would be appreciated.