ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jie Liu" <...@ClarksNA.com>
Subject Re: writing XML with attributes
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:31:24 GMT
Thanks for your information.
I think that it will be a mistake to deprecate XML output capabilities.
Generating xml from database is one of the most common use cases.

>>> pea1@cornell.edu 3/14/2007 8:34:30 AM >>>
I was just exploring XML output from IBATIS too. I thought I remember a

thread on this list mentioning where people thought that the XML result

type (resultClass="xml") was/should be deprecated, since it isn't the
fundamental purpose of IBATIS.

My particular need is to use IBATIS with Spring to do queries. Does
Spring
help out with producing XML results and/or converting results into
XML?

BTW Oracle has an XSQL technology that produces XML directly from SQL
queries. See "XSQL servlet" at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/xml/xdkhome.html

At 05:14 PM 3/13/2007, Jie Liu wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to generate XML output files from Database. I know that
>iBatis provides mapping in the XML configuration file - it can map
>from
>database table columns to XML elements, does iBatis provide mapping
>from
>columns to XML attributes as well?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jay

This e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, is intended solely for the use
of the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should not review,
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail or any information contained in
or with this email.  If you have received this communication by mistake,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the record from your
computer or other device.

The Clarks Companies, N.A. take precautions to prevent the transmission
of electronic viruses but responsibility for screening incoming messages,
and the risk of such transmission, lies with the recipient.