ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "John Indra" <ji.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Object canonicalization?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:20:09 GMT
On 3/12/07, Gordon Ross <G.Ross@ccw.gov.uk> wrote:

Thanks for replying Gordon.

> I think you are confusing objects and primitive data types.

I am not. I understand object vs primitive data type in Java.

> Each field/column in a row is returned as an Object (of the relevant
> type). In this case, your field is being returned as a Boolean object,
> with it's property set to either true or false. If your table has a
> column of some character type, then each row would be returned with
> individual Objects of type String.
> Does this make sense ?

Yes, and if I query the 1000 User object which has a property of type
Boolean, with each row map to User object, I will have 1000 Boolean
objects each attached to every User object right? I thought that in a
perfect world, there will only be 2 Boolean object and the each 1000
User objects will reference one of the two Boolean object.

Please enlighten if u think I still don't get it.

Thanks,
John