ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Collin Peters" <cadio...@gmail.com>
Subject update using iterate, a collection, and a SQL IN clause
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 00:16:58 GMT
Hi all,

I am wondering if it is possible to construct a SQL update using an
iterate tag inside an update tag, and sending a collection (i.e. a
java.util.List) as a parameter

I have tried this and it seems to work (I can't get log4j to work in
ibatis so I can't see the SQL it is running, but the flag column does
get updated)
	<update id="clearFlaggedUsers" parameterClass="List">
		UPDATE	users SET
			flag = false
		WHERE
		<iterate property="" conjunction=",">
			user_id IN (#[]#)
		</iterate>
	</update

So now I am trying to figure out the syntax for sending in a List of
objects, instead of a list of Integers.

	<update id="clearFlaggedUsers" parameterClass="userVO">
		UPDATE	users SET
			flag = false
		WHERE
		<iterate property="?????" conjunction=",">
			user_id IN (#????[].user_id#)
		</iterate>
	</update

Am I on the right track?  What do I put in for the question marks?

To ask this another way...  If I have a java.util.List of UserVO
(pojos), and the UserVO has a variable 'user_id', and in the end I
want the following SQL to run:
"UPDATE users SET flag = false WHERE user_id IN (1,2,3)".  So in this
example I would have a list of 3 UserVO's, the user_ids in the 3 VOs
would be 1,2, and 3.  I want to run one update statement, not three.

How do I do that?