ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Utkarsh Ahuja" <ahuja.utka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: converting complex object to xml data file
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 23:34:18 GMT
Thanks for your response Meindert. I am trying to stay away from a external
Java Object to XML as I would need to have the backing bean to create the
mapping. If I could just use the tables directly from the database and
convert them over to XML, I eliminate the need to have the backing beans and
the result that I get back is directly in XML.

I am using Jasper Reports which can use an XML datasource. Currently I use
the beancollection data source but I would like to keep the report
implementation completely separate from the application beans as such. That
way the reports could just run independently.

I would like to use the ibatis functionality to create dynamic sql which is
just beautiful without having to map the columns to a backing Java Bean.

Thanks
Utkarsh