ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From ayan.m.afr...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: SQL Map Problem - iterating through a list, using a like query
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 23:03:06 GMT
Ok,

What worked was this:

                <isNotEmpty prepend="AND" property="accountList">
                        <iterate open="(" close=")" conjunction="OR"
property="accountList">
                                UPPER(ACC_SHRT_NM + AF.ALT_ACC_ID) like
UPPER('%$accountList[]$%')
                        </iterate>
                </isNotEmpty>

The only reason it was not working was an error on my part, where other
WHERE clauses were also being executed because of some other non-empty
lists (they had empty strings in them).
Thanks for the help everyone. Brad - i believe when you have a WHERE
clause already specified, you do not need to use "<dynamic>".

-Ayan

Brad Balmer <bbalmer@peapod.com>
03/06/2007 05:20 PM
Please respond to
user-java@ibatis.apache.org

user-java@ibatis.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: SQL Map Problem - iterating through a list, using a like query

Could it be that you are missing the <dynamic> tag wrapped around the
<isNotEmpty> ?

ayan.m.afridi@jpmchase.com wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to do a select from a table, using dynamic sql like so:

SELECT *
FROM TABLE_NAME
WHERE STATUS = 'A'
<isNotEmpty prepend="AND" property="accountList">
        <iterate open="(" close=")" conjunction="OR" property=
"accountList">
                UPPER(ACC_SHRT_NM) like UPPER('%$accountList[]$%')
        </iterate>
</isNotEmpty>
Basically I want this query to create a bunch of "like" clauses using the
elements of the List accountList.
For some reason this is not working - I get nothing returned.

Is this syntax correct?

-Ayan

thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,