ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS in Action errata
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:42:25 GMT
I didn't mean it to me that harsh. I love iBatis. I really do.

It's just when a book starts to gather dust after just a couple of weeks you
have to question its value. As I said in the review, the book faces stiff
competition from a great online user guide to begin with. The great
documentation (user guide and tutorial) are one of the reasons for the
success of iBatis.

My thoughts are that the manning book needed to cater to a different
audience, not beginners, and also look at integration in common deployment
environments struts, spring, etc.

So, I apologise for the two stars and I will change it to 3 as I don't think
any more are appropriate.

Z.