ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Mehul <dikshit_me...@rediffmail.com>
Subject JTA with Ibatis and WebLogic Server
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:54:13 GMT

Hi
I was trying to work with JTA IBatis and WebLogic combination for my
persistence layer.
My configuration as below...
    <transactionManager type="JTA">
            <property name="UserTransaction"
value="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"/>
            <dataSource type="JNDI">
                <property name="DataSource" value="jdbc/pscdb"/>
            </dataSource>
    </transactionManager>

THe problem we are facing is that IBatis is creating new connection every
time and the pool gets evantually exhausted. We are not starting any
tansaction for select query but the connection is not released back to pool.
the connections are only released after the connection time out period is
elasped.

Is it necessary to start transaction and end them even for select query? Or
is there something more to be done to release the connection back to Pool.

Thanks,