ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From daheri <erikpo...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to handle Insert and update of 1:N objects
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:34:40 GMT

Hi,

I've just started out with iBATIS and have not found any information on this
subject anywhere.
I have one javabean (ITEM) containing a list of other javabeans
(ALTERNATIVE). I was hoping to handle everything through a ItemDAO.

The iBATIS mapping for the selects works perfectly. Then I can create a
couple of resultmaps and use the groupBy and the beans are populated like a
charm.

But when i now try to do the exact opposite it gets a bit difficult. Is
there a way to create a insert which take the ITEM as a parameterclass and
then inserts the ITEM in the database, then iterate through the list of
ALTERNATIVE adding all those as well?

Or do I have to create a new AlternativeDAO and handle the Alternatives
seperatly?

Thanks in advance for your help.